Tuesday, March 18, 2014

384 Days.

There are a lot of goals I set aside or don't follow through with.... but one goal I am proud to say I accomplished was breastfeeding my baby for a year! In fact, we successfully breastfed for 384 days.

384 days of giving my child the milk God made for her.
384 days of knowing my body could provide all my child needed.
384 days of watching my child grow and develop primarily from the nutrients I created for her.

I'm not going to tell you it was easy. It wasn't! My doctor told me to quit when she had severe jaundice (I ignored them...) My doctor told me to quit when she wasn't growing as fast as the doctor would have liked (I ignored them again.) I've been frustrated. I've been impatient. I've been bit. I've been in pain. I've been so tired I wanted more than anything to just give her bottle of formula. But I didn't. I stuck to my goal and I succeeded. 

And guess what? My daughter is healthy. She is strong. She is just the right size. She is smart. It is so amazing to know I did the best I could for her. I encourage all of my friends to breastfeed if they can! Even if it is just for a little while. I am so proud of myself for meeting my goal and doing what was best for our family for our child, and I pray that all of you mommies do what is best for your families, whatever that my be!


If any of you ever need a go-to person for breastfeeding, I am always glad to lend my support! Feel free to ask me any advice, vent, or just get informed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment