Monday, March 3, 2014

Charlotte's New Room

We decided to switch Charlotte to a big girl bed a little earlier than most. Due to lack of space, it only made sense for our full sized bed to go into her room instead of the tiny spare room we had it in. So we decided to make the leap and transition her now. Thankfully, the bed we had is made to not need a box spring, which means that the full height from floor to top of the mattress is only around 20" so we weren't too worried about her injuring herself even if she were to fall.

After her 1st birthday last month, I got inspired by her party decorations. Polka dots, stripes, and lots of color! I decided to keep the decor as a basis for her new "big girl" room. We lucked out and found a great comforter set that went well with the decorations.

My main project was changing the headboard on the bed. The headboard that was on the bed was very hard wood with metal bars. It also had big spaces in it large enough for her to fall through, so I definitely wasn't comfortable with it the way it was! I decided to pad and cover a sheet of plywood and attach it to the frame. I am so pleased with how it turned out!

My other little project was recovering and painting some canvases that matched her old room. Using quilting squares, I recovered them and then decided to paint a sun with "You are my Sunshine" on them. It was my favorite song as a child and I sing it to her often!

Anyways, here is her new room! She loves it and so do I!








No comments:

Post a Comment